TikTok is very similar to Instagram reels and is all about making short videos.
Most of the apps earlier are Musical.ly that users directly uploaded their videos from lip-synching to music & dance videos. In contrast, the more capable, passionate, and technically expert members were uploading their original content videos. Also, the next group went on to become influencers on the TikTok platform.
TikTok allows everyone to create 15 seconds long videos, but viewers can also connect with multiple clips together for up to 60 seconds of the entire recording. Users can upload large videos that have been recorded apart from the app itself.
TikTok has a live-streaming option, apply filters, using AR filters, and many more opportunities to help develop your video performance and quality.
The app is adjusted to new usage trends and provides an audience with a unique and exciting way to connect. Based on the download stats, TikTok has more than 800 million active users.
How Can Businesses & Marketers Use the TikTok Most?
Generally, using TikTok for business purposes is a much simpler process than you think.
Here are the major options for brands are watching to use TikTok for promotion:
Create your TikTok channel and upload videos which relevant to your business
Use popular influencers to expose your video content to a much wider audience
Attention to promote using TikTok’s unique campaign options (though, personally). We would recommend checking off on this till the business is a part more traditional.
Here are several that we believe you can do or express inspiration from:
- TikTok videos can also be a vast place to promote business behind the scenes or the moment content.
- Human Resources can make training interactive by going live on TikTok to manage their gatherings.
- Arriving pages can have you jumping on to manage traffic to leading attractions.
TikTok can be high for more special marketers and followers within colleges and universities with such a young demographic. There’s already a ton of content to be found on campus like BTS, sports, dance marathons.
- Boutiques can utilize TikTok for the ever-popular try on videos – you can film an entire season’s quality of sales in the fun speed-up video, and you can also add your own hype music.
- Clothing brands see the most immediate success as well. Last fall, Guess was the initial brand TikTok collaborated within the US. Does your product need assembly? User-friendly step-by-step videos can be produced on TikTok and even connected to your packaging.
- Restaurants also have important opportunities. Chipotle was the first main chain to jump onto the platform, and it newly originated its second major TikTok campaign with the #GuacDance challenge, which prompted fans to show off their new theme dance moves educated by Dr. Jean.
- Hashtag challenges are effective because they exactly engage. They are simple entertainment and fun. If you are not a well-established promotion, you can consider using the popular influencers to help jumpstart your challenge campaign.
As a business marketer and someone heavily influenced by marketing and regularly writing on social media networks, I like new marketing channels and ideas. Generally, if something is growing fast, I’ll do a 1-3-month test before writing or public speaking on it.
In my time with TikTok , I have seen promise and an opportunity to connect with audiences in new, fun, and engaging ways.
It yet has a plan to go before it becomes a significant channel, but it may well be worth considering for your 2021 campaigns.
Pro Tip: If you want to make your content popular, you will get TikTok likes for your videos. Increasing your engagement will help to display your content on the audience screen.